Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Play it again, Sam... Letting Go...
In an unexpected moment of appreciation for the current state of affairs of my life, I am relishing my given quest for the year 2010 and am once again "Letting Go". (I think there is a "Trust the Universe" edict in here too somewhere, but that part is not apparent to me yet).
- Letting go of the "graceful" transition from a paid position that I had been counting on to a self generated income stream.
- Letting go of how it is "supposed" to look to be generating that income stream.
- Letting go of an idea that I am somehow at "fault" for not having immediately stepped into fabulous financial freedom.
- Letting go of the second guessing (what if I had stayed at that last position - the one before the last one??).
- Letting go of feeling guilty for taking the time, when it presents itself, to be working on me - my writing, my connections.
- Letting go that I have any fracking control over the Universe and continuing to generate ideas, thoughts, possibilities and job applications without loss of enthusiasm.
I have never experienced a challenge in my life that I did not appreciate in some way later. I guess I will have become enlightened when I can appreciate it in the moment. So, today, I am dwelling on what the lesson of this time will be when I get to review it from the more generous 20/20 hindsight perspective.
And the other questions that comes up is: what am I resisting? Now, I am aware that this is one of those giant, looping questions which may never resolve itself or provide much value in the considerations - so I just mention it in passing.
Feels harder to be trusting of the outcome today than it was a month ago, but here I am putting my fondest dreams out there again - creating a patchwork of circumstances that will be the quilt of income/money for the winter and building towards a marvelous future.
As a dear friend of mine used to say "Might as well... can't dance, ain't got a ticket". Carry on!